In Steve Karlen's speech at our volunteer organizational meeting - he
likened us to David and Planned Parenthood to Goliath. Due to our
small stature, we cannot take down the giant abortion-minded
organization that is Planned Parenthood in the secular public arena
over which it has control however we can do it somewhat covertly - one
mother and one baby at a time!
Please bring your prayers to the sidewalk this week!
Monday 7/28 - 100% filled; Praise God!
Tuesday, 7/29 - 100% filled; Praise God!
- 70% filled on this Abortion Day; 2 needed at 9a; 1
needed at 3p; 1 needed at 4p and 2 needed at 5p.
- 80% filled; 2 needed at 5p.
- 100% filled; Praise God!
To sign up for hours, go to:
or call Gwen Finnegan at (608)393-8545 or e-mail
VIGIL FOR LIFE - MADISON - 40 DAYS FOR LIFE FALL CAMPAIGN VOLUNTEERS
It's time to start planning for our fall 2014 40 Days for Life
(It runs from Wednesday, September 24, 2014 to Sunday, November 2,
Thank you to all who attended our volunteer organizational meeting on
7/24. A special thanks goes to Steve Karlen - North American Outreach
Director for 40 Days for Life. He gave us lots of great tips on what
works and what doesn't work when recruiting new people to join a 40
Days for Life campaign:
1. Personally invite people you know
2. Be direct in your recruiting (In person communication first, phone
3. Be specific
4. Challenge participants
5. Follow-up, follow-up, follow-up
What doesn't work:
1. Relying on Pastors or parishes to get the word out and to fill
2. Being too vague in recruiting
3. Relying too much on publicity or social media
Thanks, too, to those of you who have already volunteered your time
and talent for the campaign. For those of you who have not been
discerned where your time and talent can best be used - we still have
the following volunteer opportunities available:
1. Volunteer Caller - Personally invite past participants to join this
year's 40 Days for Life.
2. Vigil Captain - Watch the vigil calendar throughout the week
leading up to your chosen one day of the week to ensure that each hour
3. Outreach - Personally invite other churches and organizations that
are not currently participating in 40 Days for Life.
4. Emergency Prayer Warrior - Give availability to cover hours either
during the day or night after all other coverage options have been
5. Sleep No More Coordinator - Work with Curt Jacobsen to ensure that
all of the overnight hours (6p-8a) are covered by men.
To sign up for the above positions in support of this fall's 40 Days
for Life campaign - please call Gwen Finnegan at (608)393-8545 or
e-mail her at email@example.com.
LOST AND FOUND
A couple of weeks ago a music book (inspirational hits of the 30's,
40's and 50's) was left on the sidewalk. If you are missing it, please
call Katie Mueller at (608)742-1579.
ST. LUKE'S RESPECT LIFE PRAYER
(St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic Church, Palm Harbor, FL)
O Blessed Mother,
Pray for us your children
That we may be strong against the forces of death.
Look down upon the babies not allowed to be born,
On the poor, on the victims of social injustice,
On the elderly and sick killed by the indifference or misguided mercy.
Help us appreciate the miracle of life as a gift from God,
And may we become a PEOPLE OF LIFE!