Vigil for Life and Pro-Life Wisconsin Dane County announced yesterday plans to bring a prayerful presence to Planned Parenthood every day it's open.
Looking to build on momentum generated by five successful 40 Days for Life campaigns and the derailment of late-term abortion plans at the Madison Surgery Center, the "365 for Life" initiative looks to ensure that every woman who comes to Madison for an abortion has a chance of being offered hope by prayer warriors and sidewalk counselors.
Here’s the plan: Individuals and groups sign up for recurring 2-hour shifts on a weekly or monthly basis. Here's the schedule:
• Monday-Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
• Thursday and Friday: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
If you, your group, or your church cannot make the allotted time, we ask you to attempt to find a replacement (we will provide a list of willing prayer warriors). For example, if your church signs up to pray every Tuesday, only 10 participants going out once a month are needed to fill the schedule!
Sign up and stand up. All you need to do is choose your regularly scheduled time (ex: the 1st Tuesday of each month). You can sign-up by contacting Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Soon, you will be able to sign up online as you did during 40 Days for Life. You will receive reminder e-mails before your vigil time for your convenience. After you sign up, we will equip you with guidelines and resources to bring with you to the sidewalk.
Let's get rolling TODAY! God willing, we will begin holding vigil on Monday, January 3.
If you can't get involved in the "365 for Life" initiative by signing up for a monthly vigil, you can still help our efforts. Anyone can help us in the following ways:
1. Outreach. Can your group or organization contribute to our initiative by taking a weekly or monthly block? Let Laura know.
2. Volunteer Calling. Would you be willing to contact the Vigil for Life group by phone so this initiative reaches beyond the Internet? You would be making phone calls over the span of a week or two according to your availability. Let Laura know.
3. Being "On-Call." Even if you can't commit to always being out a certain day in the month, you can still be involved by signing up to be "On-Call." Coordinators or individuals would contact you to fill in our schedule as needed. Let Laura know and indicate your availability.
4. Stop by. Now that there are set times each work day that people will be on the sidewalks, you can stop by and join the group.
5. Give us your feedback. Do you have any ideas or concerns you want to share to help us chart out this initiative? Let Laura know.
As always, you can contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or email@example.com.
Praise God for the moment and resources He has given us! We trust that, with God's blessing, our presence will change hearts and minds day-in and day-out with the outcome of ending Planned Parenthood's lucrative business at 3706 Orin Road in Madison, WI. The Lord always provides.
May Our Lord bless you today and our "365 for Life" initiative.
Laura and Steve