In this issue:
- VFL to host national civil rights speaker Ryan Bomberger on Wednesday March 23
- Sidewalk counseling training leads to first turnaround at Madison's Planned Parenthood
- Help Needed for "365 for Life"!
Ryan Bomberger to speak on March 23
Ryan Bomberger, co-founder The Radiance Foundation and TooManyAborted.com, will speak in Madison on March 23 at 7 p.m. at the Bishop O'Connor Center (702 S. High Point Road, Madison), courtesy of Vigil for Life, Pro-Life Wisconsin and the Diocese of Madison.
Ryan is an adoptee and adoptive father, who has exposed the abortion industry's penchant for targeting minorities. Ryan's Black and Unwanted billboard campaign made national headlines in Wisconsin this year, drawing attention to the fact that with only six percent of Wisconsin's population, African Americans account for nearly a quarter of all abortions. His powerful multimedia live presentation illuminates the truth about pressing social issues, especially abortion and adoption.
This event is FREE and open to all ages. A reception will follow Ryan’s presentation.
Madison will also be hosting two other first-class events this spring:
- The Day at the Capitol (Thursday, March 10, 9 a.m.-noon) will feature Lieutenant Governor and Vigil for Life supporter Rebecca Kleefisch, top pro-life legislators, a full breakfast, and a comprehensive training on how to engage your legislators.
- Pro-Life Wisconsin's Annual Awards Dinner on Saturday April 10 will honor Juneau County District Attorney Scott Southworth, who risked his career in opposing the imposition of Planned Parenthood's explicit sex education curriculum on his community's public schools. The Event will be headlined by Joe Scheidler, considered by many to be the "Father of Pro-Life Activism."
Hope to see you there!
Sidewalk counselor training leads to first Planned Parenthood turnaround!
Vigil for Life and Pro-Life Wisconsin's February 11-12 sidewalk counselor training prepared more than 30 people (from all across Wisconsin and even Iowa!) to serve as the last line of defense for women considering abortion.
And we're happy report tonight that one of the newly trained counselors re-directed a couple from Planned Parenthood to the very pro-life Our Lady of Hope Clinic! Well done!
In the coming days, we'll be posting the sidewalk counselor training materials on the newly revamped Vigil for Life website.
Help Needed for "365 for Life"!
We need your help today for "365 for Life" in two ways:
1. We still have openings this week (9-11 Tuesday, 9-10 on Wednesday, and 1-3 on Friday). If you are not available for these times, please consider other open times in February and March, especially monthly commitments, to maintain and expand our perpetual presence. Sign up at http://vigilforlife.org/calendar/.
2. We need help your help in our outreach efforts for "365 for Life." A few of you have already volunteered to help with making phone calls to "recruit" prayer warriors. Thank you! We do need a THREE more volunteers. Contact Laura Karlen at 608-445-2064 or email@example.com if you can help!