Mission Statement

To pray, fast and peacefully witness for an end to intentional destruction of all innocent human lives, especially those most in need.

Monday, September 16, 2013

A Miracle To Share With You...

Do you remember the 16 year-old mother (now 17) for whom we prayed so hard last winter, that she and the baby's father would choose life over abortion? I received the glorious news on Friday that their son was born last Wednesday!  Below is a shortened email from the counselor who spent so much time, energy, and prayer with these young parents.  It is edited somewhat because of length but not so much that you miss her message - Praise God for hearing these pleas for mercy and thank you for your prayers!

"I am sorry getting this email out 'late' to everyone, but as some of you know, I have been busy the past few days.  On Wednesday I was....sitting in a chair with a ton of excitement and love waiting to hear that our little baby was born and 100% saved from abortion.  As I sat there on the chair I thought of you all and that you have a hand in the saving of this baby, along with the learning and growing the young parents have done.  Without your prayers that gave so much strength to me when I needed it and without your prayers for the mother and the baby, I would have never been in that chair, experiencing one of the best anticipation moments I have ever had and probably will ever have again.

Donovan was born at 7:26am on 9-11-13.  He weighed 9 lbs 6.5 oz and 20.5 inches long.  With the cutest little dimple on his chin, just like his pretty mama and adorable daddy.

I am a person of many words, phrases, explanations - but when I saw this little baby, brand new and squirming, crying out with life, I had my words taken from me - there are no words to explain that feeling.  It is much like how you feel having your own baby born, but more and different.  Maybe it was Grace I felt, I don't know, but whatever it was, everyone should experience it.  It sounds silly, but maybe it is a little like what Heaven feels like...  My urge to hold him close was great and although I have tried to stay humbled about this experience I could not help but think, with the support of many.... I was part of the reason why he was alive, kicking and screaming and perfect.

The scheduled C-section went well for the mother, the dad said she was amazing and strong (as I knew she would be) and when she was finally brought into the room with our little DJ, my heart ached for her and bursted with pride.  I know the pain of the C-section, but then to think of myself at 17 going through this experience, how can we not think only but AMAZING things about her!?  And the father, what an amazing, loving, doting, caring, thankful young man.  A young man that has some heartache of his own and struggles of his own, but pushes those things to the side and puts the young mother ALWAYS first, whether it is first through the door into a room or first in his thoughts and concerns.  He is a wonderful guy, completely at ease with children...  I am so proud of them, both of these young kids.

While keeping focus on the young mother and how she was feeling, this little baby I have loved since the moment I saw his little 7 week old squirming body on the ultrasound machine was in my arms.... although I feared I would be wild with tears and emotions, I felt calm and love in a motherly way.

As I left the hospital after being there for 10+ hours, the young dad was with me as he was running out to grab a few things, we waited for the elevator along with one of his close friends he said to me "well Marcy, you have been with us since the very beginning, how does it feel to be here now?" ... I told him "There are no words, buddy... I can't even tell you how excited I am to be here with you guys and how proud I am of you!"  His friend, maybe confused about what it meant to say I was there since the beginning, was told by the young father about them considering abortion, but how we worked together and decided not to.

The mom is recovering very well and the baby is doing great.  He is sweet and easy, not much of a crier and makes the most amazingly cute humming/grunting sounds I have ever heard.  Things are as good as they can be within these moments.

I want to thank you all again.  I hope that as we have journeyed this together and experienced this, it has given you hope and inspiration to do the same... God blessed me with this mom and this father and this baby.... there were moments of great fear and not knowing what to expect, but I reminded myself I was just a vessel and the difficult moments were eased with prayer and focus and the moments of happiness God has given to me to enjoy with more feeling and more ability to be aware and clear.  If anyone ever has the chance to help a young mother, never be afraid, never think you can't do it - know that is only the devil getting in the way of God's call to you."

When we are on the sidewalks of Planned Parenthood, we are praying for many such as these.  We may never have a close and personal experience as this counselor but we CAN have the same outcome!  In fact, most of the time we will never know the good we've done.  That's ok; it's not about us anyway.  SO... COME OUT!.... PRAY HARD!.... SAVE LIVES!

This past Saturday, Sept. 14th, about 20 participated in a prayer service at St. Michael's in Dane, WI, the Madison-area location for the National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children.  We are so appreciative of Deacon Jack Fernan and Matt Sande of Pro-Life Wisconsin who led us in solemn prayer, song, and Scripture readings near the grave of an unnamed aborted child.  We were blessed with a beautiful day and cooler temperatures, topped off with a swirling cloud formation in the shape of a dove (Holy Spirit?) which was spotted as we were all leaving!  

We still have 1 1/2 weeks in our 365 for Life schedule and then 40 Days for Life begins on Sept. 25th.  Can you take some time for prayer out at Planned Parenthood where MORE unnamed babies are aborted? How can we be too busy for these helpless innocents, created in God's image and likeness?
"Rescue those who are being dragged to death....If you say, "I know not this man!" does not he who tests hearts perceive it?  He who guards your life knows it, and he will repay each one according to his deeds."  Proverbs 24:8-12

Open Hours in 365 for Life Schedule - PLEASE HELP!

Tuesday, 9/17/13:  1 needed at 3:00 and 4:00pm; 2 needed at 11:00noon1:00, and 2:00pm.  10 hours open!  Only 38% filled!
Wednesday, 9/18/13:  1 needed at 8:00 and 11:00am;  2 needed at 10:00noon1:002:003:004:00, and5:00pm  16 OPEN HOURS!!  Only 20% filled!
Thursday, 9/19/13:  1 needed at 3:00 and 5:00pm

Go to vigilforlife.org or email at info@vigilforlife.org to sign up for one or more of these hours or a recurrent hour.

ALERT:  There have been several instances of a man approaching people on the sidewalk asking for money.  His story varies but often has the theme of needing help for a family member.  When help is offered in a way not involving money, he backs off.  It is probably unwise to give him money; he knows why we're out there and is seeking those with kind hearts.  A distinctive trait in his description - pierced ears with large holes.  Please keep him in your prayers....

Sign Up for 40 Days for Life NOW!
We are only 10 days away from our fall campaign.  On September 25th our vigil calendar will convert to the 40 Days for Lifeschedule, showing daily hours from midnight through 11:00pm.  But you can still sign up NOW for those day and night time hours!  There are many choices still available.  Our goal is to fill the calendar hours by start day - Sept. 25, 2013.  We can't accomplish this if you don't act - Grab a buddy, choose your days and times....TODAY!

Go to vigilforlife.org/calendar/monthview or email info@vigilforlife.org to sign up today.

If you can be an emergency contact to come out and pray in case of a cancellation, please respond to this email and let me know!  This helps so much to have a back-up list.

Announcements:
  • Rachel's Vineyard Retreat:  Oct. 4 - 6, 2013Durward's Glen Retreat Center, near Baraboo, WI.  If you know of someone needing healing from abortion, please contact Mary Mead for more information about this retreat at the listings below.  

     
    Contacts
    Mary Mead608-221-9593meadmt@sbcglobal.net
    Mary Mead608-821-3177rachel@straphael.org

  • Stories of Songs and Faith - Women's Care Center
With gratitude and joy, the staff and volunteers of the Women's Care Center of Madison graciously invite you to a special evening of music, fellowship, and prayer with featured artist, Michael John Poirier. The event will take place on Friday, September 27th, from 6:30-8:00 P.M. at St. Peter's Catholic Church, 5001 N. Sherman Ave., Madison.  Refreshments will follow.  All are welcome.  Donations will be accepted to support the Poirier Family's Holy Family Apostolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment