Mission Statement

To pray, fast and peacefully witness for an end to intentional destruction of all innocent human lives, especially those most in need.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Here I Am, Lord

On Friday, 3/7/14, our sidewalk counselors were able to counsel a young woman who was 7 weeks pregnant.  This woman told our sidewalk counselors that she had already paid $125 to Planned Parenthood towards an abortion.  She said she had already given up a child for adoption and it was so painful for her.  She also said she didn't feel that she had enough resources to raise this child on her own.  Our sidewalk counselors were able to alleviate her fears and send her over to the Women's Care Center.  Please pray for this woman and the baby in her womb. 
 
Also, on Friday, 3/7/14, four unscheduled prayer warriors stopped by Planned Parenthood to pray and sidewalk counsel.  They all felt that the Lord had called them to the sidewalk. 
 
 
HERE I AM, LORD

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.

Chorus
Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

2.
I, who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear my light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Chorus

3.
I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have borne my people’s pain.
I have wept for love of them.
They turn away.

Chorus

4.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak my words to them.
Whom shall I send?

Chorus

Words and Music are by Daniel L. Schutte, copyright 1981.


Is the Lord calling you to the sidewalk this week?  (The temperatures will be much friendlier this week.)

OPEN HOURS

Monday, 3/10/14 - 100% filled - Praise God!

Tuesday, 3/11/14 - 75% filled on this Abortion Day - 2 needed at 3p and 2 needed at 4p.

Wednesday, 3/12/14 - Only 40% filled on this Abortion Day - 1 needed at 9a, 1 needed at 10a,  2 needed at 12p,  1 needed at 2p, 2 needed at 3p, and 2 needed at 4p.

Thursday, 3/13/14 - 80% filled - 1 needed at 3p and 1 needed at 4p.

Friday, 3/14/14 - 100% filled - Praise God!

To sign up for hours go to: vigilforlife.org/calendar/monthview or call Gwen Finnegan at (608)393-8545 or send an e-mail to info@vigilforlife.org

===========================================================================

AMBULANCE AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD TWO DAYS IN A ROW

On Wednesday, 3/5/14 - our prayer warriors witnessed an ambulance arrive at Planned Parenthood and take away a young woman on a gurney.  The same thing also happened on Thursday, 3/6/14.  These events remind us that abortion not only takes the lives of babies (57 million since 1973) - it is also not safe for their mothers.  Please pray for these two women.  We do not know their names or why they were taken away in an ambulance.  We do, however, know that they are in great need of our prayers.  We should pray not only for their well-being but also pray that they will find Jesus Christ through conversion and that they will seek forgiveness and find healing.

============================================================================

FROM ABBY JOHNSON THIS PAST WEEK:

"... I wanted to share a stat with you that I heard from Planned Parenthood at the last national conference I attended in 2009.

They told us that when people are outside praying at clinics the "no show rate for abortion appointments goes up to 75%." In other words, when people are outside praying, the percentage of women who have abortion appointments, but don't show up is 75%.

If that's not a reason to go and pray outside an abortion clinic, then I don't know what is."
============================================================================

VIGIL FOR LIFE, MADISON AND PRO-LIFE  WISCONSIN
POTLUCK SOCIAL AND VOLUNTEER SIGN UP


WHEN:  Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: St. Mary's, Pine Bluff
WHAT:  365 For Life and 2014 Fall 40 Days For Life Information

ORDER OF EVENTS: 

5:00p Pro-Life Potluck in gym in St. Mary School in Pine Bluff
6:00p Angelus and Pro-Life Program: Gwen Finnegan, Director, Vigil For Life Madison, and Peggy Hamill, State Director, Pro-Life Wisconsin
6:30p Rosary 
7:00p Solemnity of the Annunciation Mass in St. Mary Church
============================================================================

BUFFER ZONE ORDINANCE UPDATE

GOOD NEWS!!!

In response to the lawsuit they were served, the City of Madison filed some papers late Friday (3/7/14) afternoon that have made the buffer zone ordinance NOT IN EFFECT until the Madison Common Council reconsiders it  (March 18) and takes further action on it.  So - stay tuned for more on that.  In the meantime, everything is back to normal.  We are grateful to God for His guidance thus far and will continue to trust God to guide us through the case as it continues.

============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment